Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pinball Wizard



In every lifetime you meet a person that defies gravity and gives off an energy that is unmistakably authentic and Ivory Soap pure.  I am so taken aback after my second trip with Tripp.  And after talking to several of his devotees I am so glad that the inspiration to start this blog chose me to write it. 

Even though our bikes are stationary it felt like I had E.T.’s tricycle and only Tripp knew my flight plan.  It was as if my legs had secret instruction from my autonomic nervous system, as I never seemed to be in conscious contact with the structure if there was any to this 45-minute jaunt in the presence of Mr. Mayhem. He rarely makes direct eye contact but you can feel his ubiquitous energy especially when his eyes look to the ceiling and with outstretched palms says: “I can hear it”.

Those looking for order and choreography might be a little disappointed in Tripp’s class but who doesn’t want a little organized chaos in their lives once in awhile. I could get addicted to this form of spinning in short order.  As I looked to my right the group fitness manager from Roslyn, Pam was there taking the class and she was beaming; as this was one of her protégé’s she had hired. Whatever possessed her to take him on made me want to thank her the next time I see her.

Today I felt just like a pinball being bounced from bumper to bumper and I had complete trust that the man at the flippers was in complete control and I could just enjoy the ride and leave all my cares outside those glass doors.

No comments: